GOD IS NOT MOVED BY OUR DOUBTS- Pastor Lorin Bradbury (6/14/20)
Pastor Lorin Bradbury will preach on “GOD IS NOT MOVED BY OUR DOUBTS” this Sunday morning at 11:00AM at the Bethel United Pentecostal Church, Facebook live and aired live on KJNR 91.9 FM.
TEXT: (I Kings 17:17-24, NIV)
17 Some time later the son of the woman who owned the house became ill. He grew worse and worse, and finally stopped breathing. 18 She said to Elijah, “What do you have against me, man of God? Did you come to remind me of my sin and kill my son?”
19 “Give me your son,” Elijah replied. He took him from her arms, carried him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his bed. 20 Then he cried out to the LORD, “LORD my God, have you brought tragedy even on this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?” 21 Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried out to the LORD, “LORD my God, let this boy’s life return to him!”
22 The LORD heard Elijah’s cry, and the boy’s life returned to him, and he lived. 23 Elijah picked up the child and carried him down from the room into the house. He gave him to his mother and said, “Look, your son is alive!”
24 Then the woman said to Elijah, “Now I know that you are a man of God and that the word of the LORD from your mouth is the truth.”
1. The LORD does not abandon us when we experience doubt.
2. Learn how the struggle with doubt can help establish our faith.
3. Learn to surrender self-centeredness in order to see God’s plan
4. Learn to remain calm in crisis while God works it out.
1. Discuss: Is it sin to doubt? When would it be sin?
2. How does questioning develop our faith?
3. How do you refocus your faith when you feel fear?
4. Memorize Bible verses that are meaningful to you in overcoming fear and doubt.