(Matthew 4:18-22, NIV)
18 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 At once they left their nets and followed him.
21 Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, 22 and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.
1. What does it mean to truly follow Jesus—to be a disciple?
2. What is the difference between hearing the call to follow and becoming a disciple?
a. Matthew 7:21 and Luke 6:46
3. Discuss some things you may have to lay down to truly become Jesus’ disciple. 4. What does it mean to become like Jesus?
5. Parents, discuss how you can disciple your children?
6. What assignments has the Lord been talking to you about carrying out?