Pastor Lorin Bradbury will be preaching on “A Debt That Remains” this Wednesday on Facebook live and aired on KJNR 91.9 FM at 7:00PM AKT.
TEXT: (Proverbs 22:26-27, NIV)
26 Do not be a man who strikes hands in pledge or puts up security for debts; 27 if you lack the means to pay, your very bed will be snatched from under you.
I. Borrowing Beyond Your Means
II. Warning Against Co-signing
III. An Acceptable Debt
1. “Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another” (Romans 13:8, NIV).
1. Why is it important to not buy things that you don’t really have the money for?
2. What are three things you can do when you get into financial trouble for overspending?
3. Why is it not good to expect God to save you from the trouble you put yourself in?
4. What does this verse mean? “Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another” (Romans 13:8, NIV).
5. Debt means something you owe or should pay back. What are ways you show your debt of love even when your loved ones or friends are not living for God or make mistakes? How do you continue to show this daily love to others in your family?
5. What does this mean? “The purest love we can give to God is the love we extend to our worst enemy.”